Wednesday 6 May 2015

Bottle Gourd Curry with Sesame Seeds Powder / Anapakaya Nuvvula Podi Koora



Bottle Gourd Curry tastes excellent with Sesame seed powder. It is a very simple curry with Bottle Gourd and Sesame Seed Powder. Sesame Seed Powder is my last post there I mentioned that you can make many curries with Sesame Seed Powder. This Bottle Gourd Sesame Seed curry is one of those.

My mom quite often used to make this curry and I and my brother used to finish this even before it reaches the dining table. I too make this curry but even today when I visit my mom's place I ask her to make this for me. There is some magic in mom's hands!!!!

This curry is a protein rich, low fat , nutritious, healthy curry .... I don't know about all this. I just love this curry. It is such an easy curry with super good taste. May be not everyone agrees with me !!! My husband doesn't like it much. Give it a try!!!!!



Ingredients

 1 Bottle Gourd
3 teaspoons Oil
1 teaspoon of Channa Dal
1/2 teaspoon Urad Dal
1/4 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
1/4 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
2-3 Green chillies
1 Sprig Curry Leaves
3 tablespoons Sesame Seed Powder
1 teaspoon Salt

  1. Cut and discard the outside layer of Bottle gourd. Cut bottle gourd  into small pieces.Boil these pieces till they become soft (for 15-20 minutes).
  2. Drain water and keep it aside. Slit green chillies. Heat oil in a pan, add channa dal, urad dal, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, green chillies and curry leaves. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
  3. Then add bottle gourd pieces, sesame seed powder and salt. Sprinkle some water, place a lid and cook it for 5 minutes.
  4. Aromatic curry with sesame seeds.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your valuable comments here !!!!!!